a community of stewards sharing experience
for a comfortable lifestyle with a low footprint
on the Daintree coast
This site has two themes, "the understanding of, and the reduction of, impacts to the daintree"
This site has been developed so that landholders who may be new to the Daintree coast can access practicable information to enjoy the Daintree lifestyle that will minimise your impact on this beautiful area.
A number of years ago a hardcopy Landholder Kit was made available to residents north of the Daintree River and this site refreshes that resource with more up-to-date information. The site needs to be updated on a regular basis as new technologies are developed.
We seek to:
- understand the ecosystem and our human needs, and how they impact one another
- assess threats to the Daintree Coast, including the rainforest, waterways, reefs and coastline, as well as to cassowaries and other wildlife
- welcome visitors to the tropics
- help you get to know your property
- protect the integrity of the whole landscape by overcoming the impacts of fragmentation, and by being an informed and motivated community of stewards
We collect and promote scientific and local knowledge to reduce impact, to assess threats and to improve liveability in the following areas:
tropical house design
toilets and wastewater